“Sow it! Grow it! Dry it! Draw it!” is my motto. I am
particularly interested in the natural life-cycle of plants. And,
living where I do allows me to indulge in my love of both
horticulture and botanical art & design.
As well as digital design, I also work a lot with charcoal and
pastels due to its spontaneity and ultimate sensitivity. I am
able to draw on (no pun intended) many of the very same
methods I learned in my career as the founder and Creative
Director of London based design company, First Image.
Please browse at your leisure and feel free to contact me, if
you wish, regarding anything which might take your fancy!
* Two-day exhibition & seminar, "The Bigger Picture" - Royal College of Art
* “Faithful Impressions” - Ripon Cathedral (video)
* “Flight Of The Sparrow” - Ripon & Durham Cathedrals (video)
* “Archives At Dusk” - NYCC County Record Office, Northallerton (video)
Awards & Recognition :
* Awarded 'Fellow of the British Institute of Professional Photographers' (FBIPP)
* Association for Multimedia International, AMI (USA) "Hall of Fame Award" & "Incentive" & "International Relations Awards"
* Over 30 world-wide festival 'design and production' awards, including "Crystal”, Best of Festival & Best Art Direction - AMI (USA)
Additional Activities :
* Organiser - Thornton le Moor Art & Craft Exhibitions 2009-present
* Correspondent - Darlington & Stockton Times
* AMI & Images Festivals' judge (various)
* Participant in multimedia festivals, (Venice, Munich, Rome & London)
* Visiting lecturer - Leeds Metropolitan University
* Magazine articles/features - "The Business of Design" - Multi Images magazine
* Various industry design articles - Creative Review, AV Magazine, Photographer (UK), Sonovision (Finland), Artpost (Japan)